Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Moon and Winter

  • Since it's winter time and it's mostly cloudy out all the time (not to mention we had a crazy amount of snow and ice this winter), its been hard for me to see the moon. Friday night I was unable to see it and Saturday night as well. Sunday was the only day so far that I was able to actually see the moon in the sky without clouds getting in the way! Hopefully winter is done hitting us with all this snow so that I could look out at the sky at night and see the moon!

  • In class on Friday we learned about Bloom's Taxonomy. I have never learned about this before so when we reviewed the power point in class, I was really interested to see what this view of education was all about. I also learned about what the term "pedagogue" meant. I like the idea of a "higher order of thinking." I think that it's great to get students to reach their full potential when they want to learn about something. In teaching science, I want my students to be able to explain what they learned and actually understand what they are saying and what they are explaining, not just spit out information. Another aspect of Bloom's taxonomy that I agree with is how the terms have changed. The six major categories, instead of having nouns as the categories, they are now verbs. I think when learning is doing, it is much more effective on the student's learning process. I hope to take some of the aspects of Bloom's taxonomy into my own classroom one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home